Thursday 24 May 2012

Long Weekends

I'm a bad blogger, last week just got away from me and I missed out on posting this before the Canadian long weekend: Victoria Day or May 2-4 as it's more commonly known. Well, let's do some pretending, shall we? Let's pretend I posted this last week in time for the weekend road trips, or better yet, let's pretend this was a post intended for the American long weekend coming: Memorial Day.
Hello my American friends.

For long weekends many people get the heck out of dodge (unless you are me and can only dream of a weekend road trip from behind a desk at work--my excuse for the lack of posting). So for those of you lucky enough to be getting away, lets fill our weekender bag with classic travelling essentials.

Tan Shorts

Tan Shorts by erdeer featuring pyramid jewelry

Since we are still pretending, let's pretend we have an awesome, unlimited wardrobe (thanks, polyvore). When going on weekend getaways, you must keep three things in mind;
1) Pack light--you don't want to carry around heavy bags
2) Be versatile--it helps with the packing light by creating more outfits with less
3) Pack pretty things--although you should be practical you also want to be able to look back at your pictures and not be embarrassed by the hiking boots worn at a dinner out.

Untitled #10

Untitled #10 by erdeer featuring anne klein jewelry

Using a neutral base and paring it with fun, colourful pieces extends your options and changes outfits enough so you don't feel like you are wearing the same thing all weekend.

For my dream weekend away I selected 3 tops, 1 sweater, 1 jacket, 3 bottoms, 1 dress and 3 pairs of shoes. I've only mixed a few of the possible outfits, there are definitely a few more combo that could be done. What I like most about this selection is that there aren't a lot of items packed but enough so that I can change during the day (dress for dinner) or dress based on my mood.

Do you have any rules for packing for a long weekend road trip? Do tell...

Fun travels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...