Thursday 14 March 2013

Souvenir Shopping

"I Was Here" creates a different kind of travel journaling, forcing the traveler to think outside of the box and to notice more than just the typical tourist scenes.
One of the suggestions in it is to purchase a small household item or appliance as a souvenir. Every time you use this item you will be reminded of your trip. This means that you can avoid buying tacky 'made in china' nick-knacks that just clutter up your home (or storage areas). Win. Win.

While in Glasgow, I picked up ceramic coaster from the Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, it has a pretty Scottish Thistle on it. It was when I bought this item that I realized I tend to buy coasters whenever I go travelling. I generally like missed matched home decor and I love that whenever I use the coasters I remember where I was when I got it. This is now going to be my thing, "the girl who collects souvenir coasters". I am so cool.



I have some friends that buy Starbucks mugs in every new city they visit because most sell porcelain mugs with the local town name or city scene decorating it. I didn't even know this was a thing, but I think it's a great idea.


What do you collect when you travel?


Fun travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...