Thursday 21 March 2013

To Market, To Market: Borough Market

One of my favourite things to do in London, is to visit a market on the weekend. It's a chance to get out there, try different foods, get lost in the crowds, and maybe buy a treat or two. If nothing else it's a great time to see something different. There are lots of food markets in London, but not one of them are the same.


Recently I visited Borough Market located south of the river in south London near Borough Station. If you have some money to spend and are needing to stock your fridge with fine foods then Borough Market is your place. From sparkling wine, and homemade cheeses, to truffles and quails eggs, this is not your regular food market.



If shopping at markets where you can get a pound of veg for...a pound, Borough Market can still be a great afternoon out. There are great ready made food stalls and lots of free samples to try. Your tummy and your wallet could both be full.
  




Great advertising, brought a lot of people to their stall. I don't think I've smelled truffles before. It was...interesting.




I loved the creative and rustic displays they had, most used old furniture or vintage pieces to give a sense of a time gone by when things were made by hand and took their time to complete. 



Borough Market was great place to toast good news shared between my friend and I; new job for him and finally having a home for me.  If you can brave the crowds on a Saturday, it's a great place to spend some time.


I don't know what these were but they had the prettiest little pink flowers on them. (Anyone know what they are?)




 I plan to make many more visits to the different London Markets, documenting my trip and telling you all about it. Any ideas of which market I should go to next?


Fun travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...