Thursday 23 January 2014

To Market, To Market: Spitalfields and Brick Lane Markets

Spitalfields Market is one of my favourite places to go to. It has stalls open every day of the week, with it's biggest day being Sunday. There are restaurants and food stalls, trendy vintage shops and unique crafts to browse through. There's just a coolness about this area that draws me back to it often enough on a day when I have no plans, want to wander and see something new and interesting. The market has an easy going vibe and a great place to go on a rainy day with it's roofed courtyard. Most importantly, I love a place with a good history.











One place I've always neglected, for no particular reason is Brick Lane Market. It's market day is also Sunday so it's easy to kill two birds with one stone. This street market is where the cool kids hang out, the streets are lined with cheep food stalls (I had some delicious dumplings) and second hand items for sale. Along the way there are several indoor markets that you can dash into to escape the weather, and let's be honest, London has lots of it. Lots of weather. I did attempt to search for The Poutinerie, but discovered later on facebook that they weren't there this particular weekend. I'll just have to go back to continue my quest to finding good poutine in London.














Another market down, oh so many more to go to. Which is your favourite market to hit up on a weekend?



Fun travels!

1 comment:

  1. Brick Lane markets are my fav! I had my first taste of Poutine there. Bugger that they weren't there when you visited. You will defs have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...