Friday 17 October 2014

Leftover Turkey Soup

The first time I ever tried to make Turkey Soup following my first-ever-all-made-by-me Thanksgiving dinner I realized too late that I needed the carcass as the key ingredient for it. Big oops. Won't make that mistake again.
With some trial and error (and tips from my wise mother) here is a very simple recipe I use for making Leftover Turkey Soup.
Needed:
Turkey carcass

celery

carrots (optional)

onion

salt and pepper

celery seed (optional)

chicken broth (to taste)

soy sauce (optional)


1. Combine first 6 ingredients into a large pot and boil on medium heat for a few hours or until the meat starts falling off the bone. 
2. remove bones and manually remove remaining meat from bone and add back into the stock. 







3. Taste and stock and add bouillon and or soy sauce if more flavour is needed. 
4. Continue simmering for a couple of hours. (Add more water if too much has evaporated. If you do, definitely use a bouillon cube)


(These are old pictures from an earlier blog I once had. But it doesn't make this soup any less delicious)


If you do try making Leftover Turkey Soup yourself  do leave me a comment below and tell me how it went! I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...