Thursday 16 October 2014

The Turkey Comedown: Turkey Pot Pie

I like recipes, and cooking, and eating, don't you? Since I've been back in Canada, I've had more opportunities to bake. Although I'm not the greatest baker, I have been deprived of doing anything of the sort for 2 years,  which means now I just can't stop myself. I haven't heard any complaints though. 
All that to say, I want to start posting recipes of things I make (on a semi regular basis) onto my blog. Since it is MY blog, I can do what ever I like, but I do hope you'll like this addition.
I love sharing, so if you are ever in the sharing mood do drop me a line with a recipe of yours, I'd love to try it out.

Turkey Pot Pie


When I get tired of turkey leftovers this is my favourite thing to have after Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey Pot Pie. Nom nom.


Needed:
Pie crust (I used a deep dish kind and it was a 2 pack so the other bottom became a top).
4 tbs butter divided
1 small onion, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, diced
3 tbs dried parsley
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2 cubes chicken bouillon
2 cups water
3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 cups cubed turkey
3 tbs all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 F and melt the crust (easier to mold together)
2. Melt 2 tbs butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add the onion, celery, carrots, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the veggies are soft. Stir in the bouillon and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in potatoes and cook until they are tender but still firm.
3. In a medium sauce pan melt remaining 2 tbs butter. Stir in the turkey and flour. Add the milk, and heat through. Stir the turkey mixture into the veggie mixture and cook until thickened. Cool slightly and pour into the shell. Put top crust on. Make 4 slits in top to allow steam to escape.


4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 min Reduce oven to 350F and continue baking for 20 min or until golden brown.


5. Let cool a bit before serving
I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Just too darned excited to eat it up.


(these are old pictures as this is a post from another blog I used to do. No need to worry about that, just stick some of this in your pie hole and enjoy it).

If you do try making turkey potpie yourself  do leave me a comment below and tell me how it went! I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...