Thursday 23 July 2015

To Market, To Market: Marche du Vieux-Port

I do love to visit a market (of any description) and when traveling I get super excited to discover one in my vicinity. Like seriously, more excited than I probably should be.

While in Quebec City I spied on our little tourist map that there was a marche right by our accommodation I started to plan my visit there.

Open 7 days a week from 9am -6pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm weekends with a variety of produce sellers, butchers, boulangerie, cheese counter, a specialty grocery store and even a couple maple syrup vendors.















After perusing the long building with stalls on either side and a stop for a snack and free samples, we purchased breakfast and enjoyed the sunshine at a picnic table along the water's edge. It was a lovely farmer's market with the most delicious smelling strawberries and scrumptious chocolates. We stocked up on provisions for our glamourous train picnic which consisted of: curd cheese, strawberries, a baguette, pate, homemade crisps, and chocolates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...