Tuesday 12 June 2012

5 Cheap Things to do in Toronto

A few weeks ago over the long weekend I went up to Toronto and stayed over at a friend's house.  We went out to dinner, drank, chatted, had coffee, and a picnic in the park.  I couldn't even tell you the last time I went on a picnic, but you know what? It was awesome. More awesome than I remember. It got me thinking about some of my favourite things to do in Toronto, so I've created a list of my 5 fav things to do in the big smoke.

1. Picnic in the Park

High park is beautiful; there's a zoo, open green space and even waterfront. Make is a potluck picnic and invite all your friends. It can be something simple like pb&j sandwiches (with the crust cut off, to make it fancy of course) to salads and build your own sandwich. It just feels more fun when enjoyed outdoors.

{ErinOutandAbout} Picnic in High Park
   

2. Biking Toronto Islands

Toronto Islands are not very big at all, but there is so much to do and see there. From lounging on the beach (clothing optional), wondering the rows of quaint cottages, to rides at Centre Island amusement park. You can see it all by renting a bike for an hour or two and circling the paths.

{ErinOutandAbout} Bike riding on Toronto Island
We're on a tandem bike


3. Visit Museum Cafe

Sometimes my favourite part of going to a museum is checking out the gift shop or stopping for a snack at the cafe. After walking around an exhibit for an hour or so, museum fatigue sets in, and if you're anything like me, you can get a little cranky. Time to rest those puppies and enjoy some nourishment. It won't be cheap, but it's all part of the experience.
{ErinOutandAbout} Museum Cafe


4. Walking Along the Lakeshore 

When I was younger my mother and I used to pack up our bikes and head down to Toronto. We would spend a few hours riding along the lakeshore, sometimes stopping for breakfast before heading back to the car.  Recently, I found myself back along this path and was reminded about how much goes on along there. A great place to get some exercise and people watch.

{ErinOutandAbout} The Beaches in Toronto

5. Eating out at an amazing Hole-in-the-wall Restaurant

     I'm not from Toronto and when I go to visit friends in town, I love when we go out to dinner especially if its at a place that I would never have come across on my own.

{ErinOutandAbout} Broncos in Toronto


Fun travels! 


(I think there's a bit of a theme here, my favourite things to do in Toronto are pretty much eating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...