Thursday 27 February 2014

London Bloggers Tea: Royal Horseguards Hotel

I mentioned a couple Mondays ago that I had attended the second #LDNBloggersTea organized by Selena and held at the Royal Horseguards Hotel. I knew I was in for something special when I saw the address of the hotel was located along the river and beside a favourite green space that I've had many alfresco lunches in.


The room was immaculately dresses with pretty pink and lilac dishes, menus tied in pretty pink ribbons and even prettier take home truffles.




Once the initial chit chat and introductions were completed along with sipping our complimentary glasses of champagne we took seats at 3 tables and ohh'd and ahh'd as the three tier cake stands came out. Then we began what bloggers do best...photographing every pretty little detail. 

Gina kindly getting out of the shot for someone's photo.
Oh the menu was divine. Chef Ben pampered us with delicate finger sandwiches and teeny tiny sweets.
I scarfed down We were served homemade scones with clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam, "After Eight" shot glasses (my fave!), Banana Roulade, Passion Fruit and Raspberry Meringue Lollipops, Mango Curd Tarts, lemon Meringue Cupcakes, and Pink Peppercorn and Strawberry Ganache Stripy Macaroons.
Although I had my fill of delectable finger sandwiches I made sure to save room for a dessert or two (or three).








We had a choice of Pomegranate tea (the pink one) or Assam tea. I had some of each of course, but the Pomegranate was so fresh tasting and not too sweet. Chef Ben told us about their menus and that they use seasonal ingredients and try to compliment their fruit teas with the recipes being served with the afternoon tea.








Not unexpected, I had a fab time meeting some cool bloggers and getting to know everyone a little better IRL. Making these kinds of connections is what makes the blogging world just so wonderful. What made this day better was taking a doggy bag  a take-away box home with me. 



Check out all the lovely ladies that attended this month's #LDNBloggersTea:


Runaway Kiwi
Sunny in London
Meg-Made
Wife School
Two Feet, One World
Passport and Toothbrush
Urban Pixxels
Sweet Serenity
Little Big Bell
Oh, the places we will go
Adventures of a London Kiwi
The Afternoon Blog
More Than Just a Cupcake Lover
Jess-on-Thames
Office Breaks
Happy Ever After Bride
Eat, See, Do
Love and London
Kiwi Footprints



Fun travels!

This was not a sponsored event.

Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

3 comments:

  1. Selena did a great job again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly did. I'm looking forward to the next one already!

      Delete
  2. Erin, these pictures are gorgeous! It was really great to chat more yesterday, and I hope to see you again soon. Looking forward to reading your post on the #ScienceTea!

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...