Tuesday 28 October 2014

Birthday

Today is my birthday. 


It's no big deal, no big plans, but I am turning 32.


I remember when I first started planning my move to England, I was 29 years old and knew that I would be returning to Canada when I was 31 (because maths), but that seemed so far away. I left just before my 30th birthday since everyone knows you're allowed to do crazy, irresponsible, risky things when your in your 20's. It's expected of you. Once you are 30 though, you must hunker down and start adulting all over the place. At least that was my theory. 

Now the 2 years have past and I'm turning 32!



It never actually occurred to past me that future me would actually become present me. You know? I mean, obviously I knew it would happen, but I didn't actually sit down and link it together in my head.


On my 30th birthday, I had been staying in Cambridge with a good friend of mine and she had to convince me to make some plans for the occasion. I called in my friends from London, invited along some acquaintances, and a few others I didn't even know. It was a brilliant night out on the Cambridge town.

Public loo selfie on my 30th
The following year, I knew could not compete with my 1st anniversary of turning 29, so instead I had a quiet dinner out with my little super guy at a fab location up high in the sky.

fancy dinner at the Heron Tower
  Any excuse for a new dress, amiright ladies?


The birthdays I've had abroad, have been some of my most memorable ones. I got a lot of things going on in my head right now and getting another year older has been added to the list. When looking forward becomes overwhelming, it's okay to sometimes take a peek back and remember where you've been. 


3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! You look absolutely gorgeous in the black dress with the red cover-up! That's a 25-year-old if I've ever seen one! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies!
    25?! Sarah, I always knew I liked you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...