Monday 13 October 2014

Hey there, Thanksgiving Monday!


Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada. I haven't been with family for Thanksgiving turkey in two years, so I'm looking forward to this! My favourite part is the stuffing and cranberries. I had some leftover fresh cranberries from the Cranberry Orange Loaf and Cranberry and Mint Scones I made earlier in the week, that I made some fresh cranberry sauce. But honestly, I love the stuff from the can (especially when it still has the weird can shape to it. True story).  
I found it difficult celebrating Thanksgiving in England. The first year was nice when I got 2 invites to Orphan Turkey Dinners (the guests, not the turkeys), the 2nd year I thought it was no big deal to just kind of skip the whole thing, but when my FB blew up with Thanksgiving comments, pictures, and wishes, I got a little peoplesick.
I don't know where I will find myself in the future, so I'm going to savour this weekend and every juicy morsel of turkey, stuffing, cranberries, and pumpkin pie. Hope you all have a great one! Here's to THANKSGIVING MONDAY!

Huffington Post do history of Canadian Thanksgiving, also just known as Thanksgiving, in these here parts. Watch the next clip too.

"Whom is vocabulary drenched in bourbon, monocles, and mustaches."

Hidden bias addressed

Imagine finding this in your home

The puppies are okay.

Autumn is just so darn colourful

Statues made better by these brilliant people


Image from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...