Thursday 15 October 2015

The End of Summer and Open-Air Theatres

The fall weather has definitely settled into the city. I have pulled the my sweaters out of storage and incorporated cute polka-dot tights with my skirts. Just a few weeks ago warm summer breezes still settled into calm, balmy summer nights and on one of these such nights, I found myself seated at an outdoor theatre about to enjoy a good old Shakespeare comedy. To me open-air theatres are the epitome of what summer is about. That as well as cooking outdoors, eating out of doors, being outdoors...*wimper* it's such a long winter indoors.


It took me all summer to finally make it out to High Park and just barely made it at that. Labour Day weekend was its last weekend of the season, it also happens to be my mother's birthday. Dinner and a show proved to be the perfect gift; picnic and Comedy of Errors to be exact.





This was our first time attending Shakespeare in High Park put on by Canadian Stage, (but certainly will be returning next summer) and apparently the thing to do is to arrive soon after gates open with a massive, elaborate picnic spread in tow and kill the hours before the show eating, chatting, and guarding your precious spot. I might have gone into creeper mode trying to photograph some of the picnics that surrounded us.

A gourmet salad she put together right before my eyes. My mouth was watering.

Chicken fingers and fries. Where's your five-a-day?

I think we did pretty good with our picnic. Not pictured: butter tarts for dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...