Thursday 26 November 2015

Finding my Canadian Afternoon Tea at The Tea Room

I've attended a few afternoon teas during my time in London and thought it was a thing of the past when I moved back to Canada. Thankfully though my cream tea luxury addiction could continue across the pond as I've discovered hidden little tea rooms all over the place. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine and I went to The Tea Room in Streetsville. They highly recommend making reservations ahead of time and when I called, it was hard to find a time that worked. It's one POPULAR place.

Afternoon Tea at The Tea Room

Afternoon Tea at The Tea Room

Afternoon Tea at The Tea Room

I went for the Robinson-Bray Tea (basically the afternoon tea) and my friend got the Timothy Street Sandwich Plate.

Afternoon Tea at The Tea Room

The dainty finger sandwiches were simple and lovely. 

Afternoon Tea at The Tea Room

The scones, even better. Blueberry? Yes please.

Scones from The Tea Room

Dessert at The Tea Room

Blogger caught blogging

One thing this afternoon tea was missing, however, were the bubbles! Champagne and finger sandwiches are not a thing here, sadly.

Blueberry scone at The Tea Room

It's been months since I've last had a 'proper' tea, that I was so looking forward to this and what it made it even more special was sharing it with my good friend for her very first afternoon tea. She loved it so much we've decided to make a thing of it. We will be hitting up all those other tea rooms I've noticed in the past year.

The downfall? I'll have to start running more often to compensate.

The Tea Room


Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...