Thursday 15 February 2018

Climbing the Scott Monument

Located at Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh to honour the Scottish author, Sir Walter Scott. Built in 1841-1845 and has 288 steps broken into four sections going all the way to the top (200 feet 6 inches). 

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

It's a beautiful black and grey structure that casts its shadow down onto the busy Princes Street. Climbing up means views all over the city centre. And just like Arthur's Seat it took me a few visits to Edinburgh before I managed to summit the tower.

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

For a fiver you too can climb the many, many stairs to the top. As you get higher the walls become narrower and the stairs steeper. I don't like heights and couldn't make it to the last level. The wind was wiping around me and the views were pretty decent from that 3rd platform, I decided to stay right there and wait for my friend to make the ascent.

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument
contemplating going higher

{Erin Out and About} The Scott Monument

Despite having a irrational  completely rational fear of heights I still like trying to push myself to see  a city from all its angles, including high ones.

(Be sure to check the times, they change depending on the season).

From which angle do you love seeing a city from?

Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...